cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

AppMon: How to properly split Custom JMX Measures

jhem
Advisor

I'm trying to create a Custom JMX Measure that will capture the number of free connections in all database pools in our Glassfish servers.

I can generalize the measure by adding wildcards to the metric collection keys, but I can't seem to find a way to split the results by each pool. Each server usually has more than one connection pool configured, and we need to split the results to see which pool the metric refers to.

Has anyone been able to do that without creating individual measures for each pool?

In the example above, I need to capture metrics for all pools in that server: pgCivelPool, pgCivelROPool, and pgSecurityPool.

2 REPLIES 2

arturomr
Inactive

Hi,

I guess you will have to create a JMX measure for each pool, if you want specific metrics (ex. use them for alerting)

If you hust want to have or build a dashboard, you have them reported under the DB dashboard (DB and conn pool.

Sorry, i didn't found a way to split one measure by pool...

oscarata
Guide

why is the option of adding the *?

its a pity that we cant add multiple metrics with simple query ....

i have 4 servers, and each one have around 10 mbeans (cache statistics) and i need to have all metrics painted in a dashboard ... so 4*10*12 ..... nice form ... perhaps with the jmx enhanced .... but i dont like that form, because it is external asking