cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppMon SaaS monitor easyTravel

carlos_chang
Inactive

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use AppMon SaaS to monitor easyTravel, but I don't see any user session generating

So I wonder how user session works?

7 REPLIES 7

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hola Carlos - como estas?

There are some additional config entries in the easytravelConfig.properties that allow you to configure how easyTravel Load Generation should work. check out these settings

* config.apmServerDefault: should be set to APM if you want to send the data to Dynatrace vs AppMon

* config.apmXXX: several settings to specify connection to the Dynatrace Server + Tenant and Token

Andi

carlos_chang
Inactive

Hola Andreas,

Thank you for the reply.

I found those config, but I'm not pretty sure how to get user session at all

Which config should I apply?

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

If you have a Dynatrace SaaS account you need to set config.apmServerDefault=APM. Then you need to specify the tenant and token which you can get from your Dynatrace SaaS console. this should do the trick!

Hi Andreas,

I've modified those configuration that you mentioned and restart easytravel, but I don't see any user session pop out.

saas.png

dalves
Newcomer

Is it possible to get dynatrace saas recognize uem or user sessions from easyTravel-Docker install in AWS? Anyone have a solution?

dalves
Newcomer

Is it possible to get dynatrace saas to recognize uem or user sessions from easyTravel-Docker install in AWS? Anyone have a solution?

Andy et al, the key here is "easyTravel-Docker", where everything is in containers. As far as I am aware (reading the site doc. and fishing around a bit), there is no access to easyTravelConfig.properties. Perhaps it is in the dockerized image, and the code can be changed to externalize the appropriate config info as well. I do not know.

Perhaps I am going down the wrong road and it already can be done via some undocumented fashion (or something I missed)....any suggestions?

Thanks.

David

Hi,

It looks that currently is not easy to modify easyTravel configuration inside the docker containers. It will require to rebuild the docker images.

We will going to add such possibility later.

Thanks,

Rafal