Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppMon: Tomcat agent deployment is failing due to dynatrace



We are deploying the agent with 7.1 agent jar but it is failing with the below error

2019-08-30 13:57:41.539 UTC [8321e8fa] info    [native] Could not read persisted agent binary path: File/Path='/opt/dynatrace-7.1/agent/downloads/one/agent/conf/runtime/SyncTomcat*/binary_linux-x86-64' : No such file or directory
2019-08-30 13:57:41.539 UTC [8321e8fa] info    [native] Could not read default agent binary path: File/Path='/opt/dynatrace-7.1/agent/downloads/one/agent/conf/runtime/default/java/binary_linux-x86-64' : No such file or directory
2019-08-30 13:57:41.539 UTC [8321e8fa] info    [native] Could not retrieve agent binary location from binaries.json. Using default location. (message: File/Path='/opt/dynatrace-7.1/agent/downloads/one/agent/conf/binaries.json' : No such file or directory)
2019-08-30 13:57:41.539 UTC [8321e8fa] info    [native] Loading agent from '/opt/dynatrace-7.1/agent/downloads/one/agent/'
2019-08-30 13:57:41.539 UTC [8321e8fa] info    [native] Unable to load agent from /opt/dynatrace-7.1/agent/downloads/one/agent/, apr_dso_load failed: /opt/dynatrace-7.1/agent/downloads/one/agent/ cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2019-08-30 13:57:41.539 UTC [8321e8fa] severe  [native] Failed to load agent from default location.
2019-08-30 13:57:41.539 UTC [8321e8fa] severe  [native] Agent_OnLoad: DSO load failed

Trying to understand why there is a "one" directory in the machine and why it is trying to fetch tomcat binaries.

Other tomcat server deployments have passed and they do not have this directory under "downloads". And the same server deployment in different environments have worked fine.

This is a new environment we are trying to setup.




Appmon agent which is currecnt standard for Appmon is made based on OneAgent binaries (the same that new dynatrace is using). This is why you see such path. The question is if your agentPath passed to tomcat starting parameters is correct in this example? Did you try reinstallation of agent binary on this host?


The agent path passed is

CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -agentpath:/opt/dynatrace-7.1/agent/lib64/*,name=${SERVICENAME}S1"

This same service has worked fine in other environments. We cleaned up and reinstalled dynatrace agent. But still had the same issue.


I would reinstall binary if this won't help, open support ticket

Hi Sebastian,

The issue was certificate expiration in Dynatrace server. The collector logs were filled with certificate expired error messages. Once this issue was fixed, we restarted the services and it connected the agents as classic.



Good to read 🙂


Hi @sebastian k.,

The difference I am seeing is that the service on lower environment that Dynatrace agent visible has following entry in /opt/dynatrace-7.*/agent/conf/agent_java_dtagentcore_linux-x86-64.*


and the one that is taking one agent is


Note: Lower environment is on 7.2 and the new environment is on 7.1


On lower environment you are not using appmon agent, there is classic one, this is why you have difference in path.