Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppMon implementation for PeopleSoft App

uzair_hashmi1
Inactive

We have a requirement to implement AppMon APM solution for

PeopleSoft App Version 9.2

PeopleTools Version 8.53

Do we have a process to implement AppMon for this flavor?

Searched and found the following under Community but that's not detailed enough.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Thanks & Regards,

Uzair

7 REPLIES 7

kayan_hales
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

That document you listed is for Server monitoring. For Dynatrace specifically, check out this link: https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DL/PeopleSoft+8+Sensor+Pack, and use a java agent for the application.

uzair_hashmi1
Inactive

The details listed out in the link seems outdated. Do we have some latest process around the support?

Thanks

uzair_hashmi1
Inactive

Can we have some more documentation please?

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi

There seems to be no good updated documentation on Peoplesoft. I checked some of the older questions on the forums but they also just refer to the old sensor pack that is out there. I think you just go with the regular Java and Web Server Agent. Dynatrace has come a long way since the fastpack was created. we probably have a lot of more out-of-the-box capabilities than back then.

It would also make sense to do some research on Peoplesoft Performance Metrics - I would do that on the Peoplesoft community pages and then pull in these metrics using Dynatrace monitoring capabilities, e.g: Custom JMX or our Monitor Plugins

Andi

april_lear
Inactive

Hi Uzair,

Did you complete your implementation on PeopleSoft/PeopleTools? I am facing a similar environment.

We also have a need to instrument PeopleTools 8.5.4 with AppMon

There is no additional information on PeopleSoft in the moment I can give you. I personally dont have access to a PeopleSoft environment which is why I never brought it up in my clinics or blog posts.

I would encourage those of you that have successfully instrumented PeopleSoft with Dynatrace AppMon to share your experience. If you have a Dynatrace Session File, Screenshots of your Dashboards or any other tips & tricks I am happy to help and write a blog about it

Andi