cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

AppMon in OpenShift Containers

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello all,

We're looking to see how we can use AppMon to monitor applications in OpenShift containers.

Based on my research, it looks like it's relatively easy for us to create a Dynatrace cartridge that can be added to the OpenShift container to automatically include our agents files. I also found the link to the GitHub page for this approach -> https://github.com/akirasoft/openshift-cartridge-d...

However, it looks like the repository is from a couple years ago (2015) and was wondering if it had been tested with OpenShift 3.3.1.7 (version we are on) and AppMon 6.5 since neither of these were available at that time.

Thank you,

Ari

2 REPLIES 2

mike_villiger
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

@Ari P., the cartridge you have linked to is only relevant for OpenShift v2 environments. The environment you are currently supporting is based on OpenShift v3 which is built on top of a completely different tech stack. Since v3 is Docker based you can utilize AppMon techniques for monitoring Docker in that environment (i.e. our sidecar approach.) @Martin E. is our resident OpenShift v3 expert and can provide more details!

mike_villiger
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper