cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppMon - retrieve cookie acquired information

SSelvaraj11
Guide

We have an enterprise level service that will take care of authentication and authorizations . This service is called by almost all applications for their initial screen . This service have a User ID cookie which we used in AppMon to tag the visits of application .

Now we have a requirement to see which applications are actually retrieving the cookie from the service and utilizing in their app . The only way we can retrieve a cookie is through System method (Request.cookie) .

I verified in sensor packs on server settings and analysed through ASP.Net sensors . Here I can keep sensor on system.web . But this will pick all cookies that are being captured by all applications and this will be an overhead . Is there a way to get the information on a specific cookie retrieval

Request.Cookie ("UserID")

Anyone got any idea on how this can be implemented in appmon ?

2 REPLIES 2

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello @Sruthi S.

There is no direct way to grab the part of information from the cookie, so initially you will have to have a full cookie and then you can use some sort of transformation regex to capture your desired result.

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar Q. ,

I am not trying to capture part of cookie . My intention is to capture only a particular cookie that is being retrieved by the application (Request.Cookies) , not the cookies that are sent .

Sruthi