cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Overview Dashboard as Dashlet

juanfrancisco_m
Newcomer

Hello

Can I configure a dashlet who acts like the application overview dashboard.

We would like to show only one applicaton in this dashlet.

Thank you

Juan

5 REPLIES 5

Radu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Juan,

The Application Overview Dashboard is a unique OOTB Dashboard which cannot be edited or used as a dashlet.

You could create your own making use of the built-in BT "Web Page Requests" - you can pick up from here the overall count with a minute resolution (to give you the equivalent of the throughput chart), filtered by just the application you want to show. The same BT can be used to get the failure rate and the PurePath response time to account for the other two charts of the OOTB Dashboard. Thresholds can be displayed on each chart, and the Heat Field will give you a view into incidents (you can configure the heat field to show only those related to your BT).

However, the major drawback is that you won't be able to get the baseline corridors!

Finally, the System Health and User Experience bits can easily be represented as traffic light charts based on the infrastructure thresholds and user experience value for your specific application.

Let me know if this would be a suitable alternative for you and I can put together some screenshots on how to achieve it 🙂

Regards,

Radu

Radu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Although I would recommend using the OOTB one as it's much more powerful offering the drilldown to individual applications. Also, using the star sign to assign favourites makes sure these are always displayed at the top.

juanfrancisco_m
Newcomer

Hi Radu

Very kind of you.

I have implemented allready BT Counts, Visits, Transaction Flow and PurePath's. But this baseline corridors for the applications is what would make the overview for the single application better. It would be really great to have this corridors on the application dashboard.

Is it not possible to have it there?

Have a great day

Juan

You can't get the corridors for the whole application (red).
But you can get the corridors for a specific Business Transaction (green).

I guess if your BT is general enough (i.e. capture everything server-side and only split by application) - you could use the corridors for that to reflect the state of the whole application.

To get the corridors as separate dashlets just open the BT from the Application Detail Dashboard (as in the image above) and then choose to open in a new dashboard (as in the image below). As you see, you now have a "Baseline chart" (sneaky - it can't be added as a normal dashlet to a dashboard).

juanfrancisco_m
Newcomer

Hello Radu

Great I tried it. It worked.
Will configure it.

Thank you

Juan