Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Process Shutdown for 0sec

karthikayini_mu
Inactive

Hi All,

Got a below alert

The incident occurred only for 0 sec.

Is it false alert as practically it is not possible to shut down and bring it back manually in 0sec.

Should I check the background

or ignore it

How to stop these alerts as the receivers of the alerts may get panic seeing something is down without planned by them.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

8 REPLIES 8

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Karthikayini,
You can disable the incident but I would suggest you to look into the agent/collector logs instead of guessing because there should be an interruption, therefore, the incident was triggered.

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar Q.

Thanks for the reply.

Should I see logs in agent overview ? I am not seeing anything noticeable in agent overview.

Incident occurred in 12.31 sec.

The below logs ,I have taken from system information. I am seeing logs for the very first time.

Can you please help me in inferring something from below logs.

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards,

Karthikayini M

Hello Karthikayini,

You went to the right location for the logs.

The time you mentioned is the same time when the collector peer list stored for the agent group.

Maybe this can be the reason of 0 seconds disconnection otherwise nothing is in the logs screenshot shared by you.

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar Q.

Thanks for articulating it.

Regards

Karthikayini M

rn00559086
Newcomer

Hello Karthikayini

Even I was facing similar kind of issue when my DT version was 6.3.xx updating it to 6.5.xx resolved my issue.

May I know which DT version you are running with?

I would also like you to check the collector sever for that particular agent as there may be some kind of collector server switching, if collector grouping is set.

--Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

I am using 7.0 version.

As you said, even I felt some collector switching was happening.

Collector group is configured .

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

Karthikayini

From log we see collector switching is happening, But as you are using DT 7 this should'nt be the case. As this was fixed in 6.3 to 6.5

Ref: https://answers.dynatrace.com/spaces/148/uem-open-q-a_2/questions/168103/agent-process-shutdown-issue-with-collector-groupi.html

plz open case.

--Ramesh

Hi @Ramesh N.

Thnaks for the reply.Will check it.

Regards

Karthikayini M