cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Application process unavailable(unexpected)

wuhaowh
Guide

Is this incident rule only for dynatrace agent issue or for all the applications defined in the system profile? I received a incident vi email but with out any details info,as you can see,the violation section is empty,so i am not sure this alert is for the agent or any application. How can i get some more detailed info in the future,here I attached the configuration of the rule action.

5 REPLIES 5

florent_duchate
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi

I think the alert name is slightly confusing things but it simply means one of your agents went offline.

The agents belongs to the vitCoreGoalManager groups and the host is below (crossed out in red) so unless you have multiple instances of this process running on the same machine you should be able to know which process went.

There is no violation settings because this alert doesn't really use a thresholds, it just vanished!

Regards

Flo

Hello Florent D,

Thx for your answer but I still have some concerns.

1. The Application Process Unavailable (unexpected) is only for dynatrace agent? If a application defined in the system profile terminated ,will it trigger this incident?

2. I also received some incident alerts via email but have the detailed info ,it shows the agent was down,what's the difference between the screen shot i attached here with the previous one,they are from the same system profile. Why one has violation details and the other doesn't.

florent_duchate
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi

1 - the agent might might involved in one of more of your applications because it is running inside your application server. All it is telling you is that the JVM went down (agent and JVM are joined at the hip so they go down together).

2 - It looks like you are using our extended email action plugin which can change/enrich the contents of the alert email so I'm wondering if it is why it is different.

Regards

Flo

Hello,

Yes,but why we have different email format for the same incident rule within same system profile ?You can see i already attached another picture,it's different with the previous one,can you pls tell me what make the difference ?Thx in advance

wuhaowh
Guide

another incident mail i received and it has the violation details