cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appmon Client's Show Notifications how do you turn it off

dave_deleo
Inactive

Hi, The appmon client, specifically 6.5, keeps showing notification prompts. How do you turn them off. I have right clicked on the server link in the bottom right but selecting "show notifications" does not work. Our clients are set up with 5 dynatrace servers so the prompts are popping up all the time and piling up the right side to the point where you cannot see the right side of the client. During presentations or when I am teaching appmon to others its a major detriment. And for multitasking using other desktop applications when these pop up it takes me out of the desktop application I am currently using and brings the dynatrace client back in view. Please help.

Thanks,

David

4 REPLIES 4

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

In the bottom right of the client you'll see the server names. If you right click on those you can de-select "show notifications" which will stop those messages.

HTH

James

dave_deleo
Inactive

Thanks James! I have clicked on that several times but it doesn't work (it seems to ignore my click as I am expecting a toggle). My team mates are all having this issue too. Are special permissions needed though I am the admin.

No, it's just a client configuration so no permissions will be necessary. When you click that it will just close the popup, but if you right click again you should see the little blue square around the caution symbol has disappeared when they are no longer active. Is this not the case?

dave_deleo
Inactive

Hi James! That did the trick. I didn't even see the blue box, very subtle. I was toggling the whole time thinking it wasn't toggling, clicking away. And so I never knew what state I was leaving them in. Thanks for pointing out the blue box really appreciate it!

Thanks,

David