cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appmon Services Getting Restarted whenever a Performance Test is executed from Jenkins

mayana_s_khan
Inactive

Hi All,

We are observe application services Intermittently goes down and connected back with other new PID within a minute. We donot have any errors in logs, GC, Memory and disk are normal.

Thanks,

Mayana khan

11 REPLIES 11

hmor3
Inactive

Hello Mayana ,

Please elaborate more about your question.

What is the type of application ? what is expected from Appmon?

Thanks

Himanshu Mor

Hi @himanshu m.

Dynatrace services are goes down and coming up with in a minute automatically .

Hi Mayana ,

Which version of Appmon Agent are you running ?

Please attach agent logs .

Which application processes are being monitored having this issue? .NET or IIS of JVM?

is this happening for all the application processes? Happening for a specific application server or randomly across different application servers?

Thanks

Himanshu Mor

Hi Himanshu,

Which version of Appmon Agent are you running ?

V6.5 (java+web)agents are using and Appmon server is in V7.0.2*

Which application processes are being monitored having this issue? .NET or IIS of JVM?
JVM

Only for one specific dynatrace appmon server

dyn-logs.txt

Hello Mayana,

I hope you mean one appmon agent server when you said "Only for one specific dynatrace appmon server"

writing specific appmon server is confusing that you are having restarts of your appmon server and not the appmon agent processes? can you please confirm

Also you have sent logs from the appmon server which says that your appmon server is getting restarted and you are running some old version of Collector.

What is your appmon collector version?

Regards

Himanshu Mor

Hi,

Its our preproduction appmon server. We are not taken a restart. Once the performance team runs the test our appmon services are goes down and connected abck automatically with in a minute this happen for every 10-15min interval.

Both Our appmon server and collector are in the same version 7

Hello Mayana,

have you seen any CPU or memory spikes on the appmon server OS at the time of test execution?

performance tests are being executed from which tool?

Regards

Himanshu Mor

Hi ,

We observed spike in GC of appmon sever and also spike in memory.

Using Jmeter tool for testing. One more thing all 3 collectors and agents are in cloud and Server in on-premise.

Regards,

Mayana Khan

Hello Mayana,

Please share

1) Number of CPU Cores on the appmon server

2) CPU Speed

3) RAM of appmon server

4) Snapshot of GC & Memory spike

5) Is your Jenkins running on premise or cloud? Jenkins is integrated to appmon via HTTP or HTPS?

It should not be an issue with Collectors and agents running on cloud .

Thanks

Himanshu Mor

Hi ,

1) Number of CPU Cores on the appmon server' - 24 cores

2) CPU Speed - 2.8GHz

3) RAM of appmon server - 32GB

4) Snapshot of GC & Memory spike

5) Is your Jenkins running on premise or cloud? Jenkins is integrated to appmon via HTTP or HTPS? - Cloud - HTTPS

gc.jpg (46.4 kB)

TorstenHellwig
Organizer

I think I have something similar here at a customer. In this case it's web api tests, but it seems that a build with some small load test in Jenkins kills the Appmon server (v 7.0.18). Something overloads a thread and the server is getting killed by the watchdog process.

My guess so far - it is connected to the 'Important' paragraph on this page:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/continuous-delivery-test-automation/test-automation-tut...

- I couldn't check that yet. The cure would be using no testrun id (header field 'TR=...') for high load in automated tests, just test names (TN=...).

cheers,

Torsten