cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appmon Unique Agent Names Debug trigger not found

ssmeets
Guide

Hello,

I want to disable the unique naming of agents in the Appmon environment. This because we get constant alerts about agents disconnecting, while they're already connected again but under a different name, with [1] behind it.

I read that this can be done with the debug-trigger: com.dynatrace.diagnostics.collector.agentcenter.unique_agent_names_with_index and value false

But when I try this, the triggering failed because the debug trigger cannot be found. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Sten

7 REPLIES 7

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Sten,

The property name starts with -Dcom.dynatrace and not com.dynatrace. Perhaps that is your issue?

More info on the setting here -> https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/installation/set-up-agents/unique-agent-names/

Thanks,

Ari

Hi Ari,

Thanks for your reply. I see that that is the correct notation when changing the dtserver.ini. I want to change it via the Debug Options in the Dynatrace server. When trying the -Dcom, this doesn't work.

I don't think this is the solution to my issue, unfortunately.

Regards,

Sten

Ahh okay, that makes sense. We have it configured in the dtserver.ini file and that works well so not quite sure why this would cause a trigger fail.

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

This flag is settable on the server with version 6.5 and later. If your version is older, it must be set on the collector. If you are on 6.5+ can you share a screenshot of it being set? Ideally, with the error message...

Hi @Dave M.,

Sorry for the late response. Hereby a screenshot with the error message:

Hi,

After posting the screenshot, I figured I probably placed it in the wrong input field. And I did. Need to specify it at the top as 'Debug Flag'. It's working now! 🙂

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Yep. That is indeed the solution, because it's a debug flag, not a debug trigger... Glad it works fo you now!