cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appmon - restore deleted measure

matt_warburton
Newcomer

Hi,

We noticed that a bunch of measures are missing from one our system profiles. It is possible that a user has accidently deleted these measures. The measures are used in charts and incident rules, so we'd prefer not to have to recreate these. Couple of questions:

• Is it possible to restore deleted measures?
  • Is it possible to determine which user or process deleted these measures (i.e. is there an audit log available)?
  • Is anyone aware of any automated process in AppMon that would delete measures (i.e. if a measure was generating too much data, could it get automatically removed)?

Many thanks

Matt

3 REPLIES 3

The_AM
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Matt,
I will answer your three questions in order:

1. Yes, the measures are saved to a system profile and is backed up when saved. The backed up configuration files are stored in <DT_HOME>\server\conf\profiles\backup\
  2. Yes, there are audit logs available via the client in the System Information view. See https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/application-monitoring/appmon-client/dashlets/system-information-dashlet/ for more information.
  3. A measure definition wouldn't be removed in that way.

Hope that helps,

Andrew M.

Regards,
Andrew M.

Hi

- the audit log is under the system information screen (Dynatrace server/support information/audit log files)

- AppMon should never delete measures. Was the server upgraded recently? May-be something went wrong as part of an upgrade...

- I don't believe that measures can be recovered especially if it happened a while back as the DB clean up job would have removed it from the warehouse.

Regards

Flo

matt_warburton
Newcomer

Thansks Andrew/Flo