cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Async thread invocation delay

vineeth_jaykuma
Newcomer

I am analyzing an app where I am seeing significant delay between async thread invocations. Each of these threads are only making calls to DB. The response time of the DB calls itself add up to only a few ms. Please see attached screenshots.

I know Andy G has a answered a similar question before here (https://answers.dynatrace.com/spaces/148/uem-open-q-a_2/questions/173480/timeouts-async-path-threadi...) . In this, he has mentioned that typically the app might be running low on .net worker threads in such cases. However, I would like to know whether this could also be a case of not enough DB threads since the async threads here are used only for making DB calls. This particular app notorious for making huge amount of DB calls.

Any inputs on this is much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

sebastian_kryst
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

I don't see your screens but if async threads has some delay between invocations, sometimes it means that some code is executed between them. You may not see it in Appmon because of lacks in instrumentation. If you can execute such transactions constantly on some environments you can make cpu sampling for tracking it and check what is consuming cpu from that point. Analysis of .NET Class may be good idea as well.

Sebastian