cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Logging dynatrace Incidents to CA Ticketing Tool

Hi Team,

We are looking into dynatrace incidents auto-logging into CA Ticketing Tool.

Could you please advise if there is any steps which i have to follow for this?

Regards,

Praveenkumar

3 REPLIES 3

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

What method are you planning on using to talk to the ticketing tool? I.e. how is it exposed so that you can create tickets - a web service call or something like an email sent to it in some way?

James

@James K.

Hi James,

I am looking to do it via command line set up with Generic Execution Plugin for both incident begin and end. Could you please share if you have any related documents/links then we will take a look on how can we make the set up successfully and advise which version of Plugin to download from portal for the same.

Also please advise what kind of information we would need to collect from CA Admiministrator.

Regards,

Praveenkumar

Too much is going to depend on your unique situation, there's no documents or links I'm aware of as is this is just using a community plugin for on possible task out of many.

All I can tell you is what my experience was in setting something similar to this up with the BMC Remedy ticketing tool. We used the Generic Execution Plugin in "web service" mode to send an xml payload to the Remedy endpoint and in the payload was all of the fields that the Remedy team told us would be needed with the appropriate fields using the action plugin variables to customize it for the incident. The Remedy team created a service account for us so that we could authenticate and create tickets.

We only use it to open tickets (by setting the GEP action to only occur at the start of incidents) not to close them as there was no way on our side to tie another call to the original ticket. Perhaps your system has some way of handling that.

James