cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto purge property for stored session in appmon 7.1

ahanchat
Guide

I have stored session of 100 GB but want to delete selective date data, hence is there a auto purge property like we have in 7.2, which would help delete data older than 10 days.

Thanks, Aniruddha

7 REPLIES 7

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

There's no direct way to delete selected data, however you can accomplish this by exporting the stored session to an external file and in the export specify the data you want to export. Then import the newly created session file back into the AppMon Server and then delete the original session file.

To accomplish this, perform the following sequence:

1) Open Stored Session dashlet

2) Right click on the selected session file, select "Export..."

3) Specify the time range to save.

4) Import the newly created session export file.

It may require more than one iteration of this sequence if you want to keep chunks of data that are not contiguous in time.

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

If you are brave, and after taking an export of the session, you could invoke debug mode and you will see the folders and delete the ones that are older.

ahanchat
Guide

Thanks for providing the information.

I don't see anything on Stored Session dashlet although I have permission. Is there any setting that needs to be done.

What is the correct process of deleting the data from stored session after exporting the selected date range data.

Thanks, Aniruddha

Once you export the data range you want into an external session file, just delete the original session from the Stored Sessions dashlet. Of course first verify the new session file contains what you want to keep by importing it and inspecting the Purepath date ranges.

Thanks for the information.

But I don't see anything listed under Stored Session dashlet although I am opening it as an administrator. I have attached screenshot for your reference.

Regards, Aniruddha

Anirudha, Sorry but the screenshot was not readable. Too blury. If you don't see any stored sessions, perhaps you haven't stored any. Your original question stated "I have stored sessions...", but where did you see these stored sessions you were referring to?

Hello Joseph, I saw the stored sessions in the Dynatrace server's directory.