cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Automatic Fetching(Export of reports) purepath everyday

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Hi All,

I want to export the pure path details automatically everyday and it has to be save in the particular path.In dyntrace manually i will fetch using EXPORT Option.I want to automate the export.Is it possible to fetch the pure path details through API or command line or Any plugin available for this?If its available means that will make my work easier.

Help to solve this problem.

Regards

Soorya

12 REPLIES 12

kristof_renders
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Soorya,

You can use the REST API to first store a session: Live Sessions (REST)#StoreSession 

Afterwards, you can use the REST API to export this stored session: Stored Sessions (REST)#ImportandExport

Hope this helps.

KR,
Kristof 

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Hi Kristof,

Thanks for the valuable reply.If I want to export only purepath that response time reaches some particular threshold ,is it possible through this REST call?

graeme_william1
Inactive

Soorya,

I think the answer is no – but perhaps someone else has a bright idea.

If you can't do this, this would make a good RFE:  store a session from a given dashboard, rather than a start time and end time.

-- Graeme

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Graeme,

Thanks for the reply.In case I want to extract the Business Transaction or Apllication transaction PurePath is it possible via REST?If possible Can you please provide the curl command for extract that purepaths.Thanks in Advance.

--Soorya

graeme_william1
Inactive

Soorya,

I think the answer is no for business transactions as well.

Regarding the RFE, being able to specify a dashboard would be the easiest way to specify a variety of filtering conditions, including business transactions.

-- Graeme

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Graeme,

Thanks for the suggestion.In case from dashboard I want to fetch data via REST API call.Is it possible?

If I export the report from Dynatrace means I will get as XML,CSV,PDF..

The same report I want to fetch using REST API from dashboard as CSV or PDF.Is this Possible?

--Soorya

graeme_william1
Inactive

Soorya,

Yes, you can extract the data from a dashboard via a REST call.  It's documented here:  Dashboards and Reporting (REST)

Note that this particular page doesn't cover the authentication information you need to include in the REST call.

Retrieving a PurePath dashboard may or may not give you the PurePath details you want.  In particular, you'll get summary information for each PurePath but not method-level detail.  That's why Kristof originally suggested exporting a session file.

If you tell us a bit more about what details you want to retrieve and why, we can perhaps give you more specific guidance.

-- Graeme

Hi Graeme,

My Requirements are Listed Below.

1)In dynatrace client,I can right click on Business Transaction and drill down to purepath and able to export purepath data as CSV or PDF..I want to do this via REST.

2) And also if I click on Tier in transaction flow and drill down to purepath, I can export as CSV or PDF...but I want to do this via REST

3)In the above Two Points, in case I want take only purepath which exceeds response time of 5 seconds.I need to filter it and take data via REST

I tried to fetch the dashboard reports via HTTP GET as per the documentation.I will get it only as XML.Can you please help me to get as CSV or XLS via REST(using cURL)

We have a requirement to automate the report extraction as we need to export the above mentioned reports(totally 20) daily for our analysis.In order to reduce the manual work.

Thanks

Soorya

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Graeme,

I tried to fetch the dashboard report as mentioned in  Dashboards and Reporting (REST) as CSV or PDF but I am getting as XML format only.Please help me to fetch as CSV

If I drill down to purepath,  pure path,Contributors,Errors three tabs are there.I want to take the reports for all 3 tabs using REST.I need to fetch only report details, not need for Purepath.

If not possible to fetch the reports from the Three tabs of Business Transaction as mentioned above.Is it possible to create Dashboard separately for the all three tabs and fetch reports from that?Help me to create the Dashboard if possible.

Help me to fetch the reports for the above requirement.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks, 
Soorya 

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Hi,

Automatic fetching of Pure-path as well as Reports are completed successfully.Thanks Grame and Kristof for the provided the very useful information.

Thanks,

Soorya

vinayk
Newcomer

Hi Soorya,

I am new to Dynatrace.

I am also trying to automatic fetch of purepaths and Reports. Can you please help me how to complete this activity.

I request you to kindly provide how to do the same in detail.