cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baselining for response time on 1 application/Business Transaction

jschoonooghe
Newcomer

Hi,

We would like to alter the maximum deviation for the response time base line of a certain business transaction. If I alter it as explained on page: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/appli... this parameter is changed for all Web Page Requests for all applications. These however should remain unchanged.

How can this be done?

Thanks in advanced for the reactions.

2 REPLIES 2

rodrigo_alvare1
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Jacques,

My recommendation is to duplicate those BT with new name, for example BT_deviation20, and modify the baseline conditions as you want. You could apply filters to have this duplicate BT, just focussed on specific Application or transactions.
Also remember to enable those BT at Application level :

Regards

jschoonooghe
Newcomer

Hello Rodrigo,

Thank you for the proposal, however this impacts all Business Transactions within the application.

In this particular case, there are 2 Business Transactions, the placeholder <...>, which in fact we should ignore and one called "docinfo" which is the one we are interested in. Both are Web Page Requests. Is there a way to have different values for both Business Transactions within the application? One can only select monitored Business Transactions on application level.

To ignore the <...> placeholder, I have reconfigured the application yesterday, so this Business Transactions placeholder should not appear anymore, but they do without values in the counters (requests/minute, Failure Rate, Response Time and System health.

So here I come with another question; Is there a time limit how long the Business Transactions is available in the application dashboard after removal or can they be removed manually?