cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Server

sandeep_moka1
Participant

We have a JAVA Batch Server ,which has some 'x' no of jobs running on them.
I have instrumented a java agent on the server and i am able to see batch process reporting in.

1. Do we need to utilise 10 licenses if i have 10 jobs to be monitored?

2. I would like to have individual chart with individual batch job uptime and downtime, is there any charting process which can accomodate this requirement?

Currently Appmon incident chart is reporting time when process was unavailable.

1 REPLY 1

martina_resutik
Inactive

Hi Sandeep,

1. In general 1 Java license is consumed by 1 JVM in AppMon. So it depends how many JVMs on the mentioned batch server are running these jobs.

2. Try and find some element that allows you to distinguish the jobs from one another (e.g. executed method or argument value for which you can create and place a sensor - similar to creating the entry point for your batch job) and then create a business transaction (this video https://university.dynatrace.com/discover/21599?_ga=2.77144789.1307782035.1511169034-705526092.1509021422 can help) that will either be collecting metrics for splittings that identify specific jobs or you can create 1 business transaction per job if this would be easier to implement. If you have a Dynatrace Guardian working with your team, he would be able to support you in defining the best strategy for your use case.

Hope this helps

Kind regards,

Martina