cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Batch process in Guidewire failing after agent installed?

bridget_cowie
Newcomer

Hi all,

We have the guidewire application running, and after we installed the dynatrace agents one of the batch processes stopped automatically running.

After removing the dynatrace agent and restarting the server this issue was fixed.

Has anyone experienced this before? Or know what may have caused it?

4 REPLIES 4

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

When you install the dynatrace agent on guidewire - do you see the dynatrace agent being successfully loaded? Do you see the agent show up in dynatrace? or does the process itself not start anymore? In that case it could be that you maybe made a typo in the -agentpath setting that you applied to your guidewire process. Make sure that the -agentpath parameter is correctly spelled and that it points to the correct version of the dynatrace agent. We provide a 32 and a 64bit of our Java Agent. Make sure you load the correct BIT-ness of that agent depending on the JVM that your Guidewire process uses. the 32bit agent can be found under lib/dtagent.dll. the 64bit is under lib64/dtagent.

It is also always good to check the console output of your app and the dynatrace agent logs

Andi

bridget_cowie
Newcomer

Thanks Andi,

The guidewire application came back up successfully and the agent was collecting data. It wasn't until the next morning & the (attempted) start of the batch jobs that we had any issues.

So i'm inclined to believe it wasn't a dynatrace issue, however just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue?

graeme_wilkinso
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

Thanks Bridget and Andi. Andi . . . is there any possibility the Dynatrace AGENT could have a 'soak' issue - an issue that only appears after time has passed? Or, is an Agent behaviour 'binary' it works or it doesn't ? Anything you can suggest we check or test we can do to eliminate a soak issue.

Also, since Guidewire themselves are customers of Dynatrace, can we ask them about the BatchRunner Module issue Bridget has observed?

-graeme

I dont think there is any "soak issue" (interesting word by the way) - at least I cant think of anything that would impact your app besides the startup time of the agent. After the agent was loaded it just works and picks up data or it stays silent and doesnt do anything in case it didnt get a connection to the collector, it doesnt have a correct mapping or you dont have a license

As for Guidewire and asking them. Sure - I used to work with some of their engineers. I try to find my contacts and forward this post to them

Andi