cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Bind values on the .net jvms

xvxt006
Organizer

Hi,

i have enabled bind values capturing in the JDBC and ADO .net but i am still not seeing the bind values being captured. Do we need to bounce those JVMs to see the data? if that is not expected, probably i will open a ticket.

4 REPLIES 4

graeme_william1
Inactive

Venkata,

You shouldn't have to restart the applications -- the change in settings should take effect immediately. You can go head and submit a support ticket (with a support archive and session file), but I would also be inclined to restart the applications just to see if something else was going on.

You're sure you changed the settings in the right agent group?

-- Graeme

sanjay_v_sawale
Inactive

First try hotsensor placement and look into deployed sensors logs for respective agent to see your changes successfully applied. If that didn't help then restarting JVM would be good option.

Tnx!

ted_feyler222
Inactive

You do not have to restart the app, nor do you need to do a Hot Sensor Placement. This change is runtime - it is merely changing the configuration of existing instrumentation.

Are you looking in the right place? You can't simply add the bind values column to the database dashlet. That won't work. You need to either right click within the dashlet and select "Show Bind Values" or use the "Show Bind Values" button in the upper right corner of the dashlet.

If you have used the right-click menu or button and are still not seeing the values, then I'd open a support ticket.

thanks
ted

Thank you all for the answers. I did enable in the sensor as shown in the screenshot.