cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biztalk Monitor is failing

chakravarthula_
Contributor

We configured Biztalk monitor for one of our windows application server(.Net technology). But, we are seeing below error when we run the monitor.

"Connecting to the host 'BizTalkServerApplication' caused exception: Unable to add net use connection. Please check if the host is reachable and the requested Performance Counter is available. Detailed error message: The network path was not found.
(System error code: 0x35)"

Can someone help me with this and also can you let me know if there are any configuration changes to be made for using this monitor? Do we have to create separate system profile for biztalk and configure.point it to the application server?

It would be great if someone can explain the Biztalk configuration for any application server.

Thanks,

Prathyusha

14 REPLIES 14

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Prathyusha,

Most probably due to firewall between collector and Biztalk Windows Performance Monitors. Check the following link for proper installation and configuration:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar

chakravarthula_
Contributor

Hello Babar,

Thanks for the quick response.

Can you clarify my below queries.

-Do you mean the firewall between the collector and application server?

- After providing the string and the host. We could see below parameters when boolean is checked.

Can you confirm if the username and password or mandatory?

- Will the monitor run successfully only if the credentials are given or will it work fine by giving the string and the host.

Thanks,

Prathyusha

Hello Prathyusha,

Are you using the same link which I shared in my first answer about dynaTrace FastPack for Microsoft BizTalk Server or you have different monitor?

Regards,

Babar

chakravarthula_
Contributor

Hello Babar,

Iam using the plugin from the same link. Below are the files which I have downloaded and installed.

1.- v 5.0 BizTalk Monitors Fastpack2.- v 5.0 BizTalk Profile Fastpack

Thanks,

Prathyusha

chakravarthula_
Contributor

Do we need to open any specific ports between the Dynatrace server and the host?

Hello Prathyusha,

Basically there is a difference between BizTalk Monitor Plugin and the BizTalk FastPack.

Which one did you install?

Monitors BizTalk Host Instance specific Windows Performance Counters for a specific BizTalk Host Instance. Extends the dynaTrace Windows Performance Counter Monitor.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DL/BizTalk+Monitor+Plugin

The dynaTrace FastPack for Microsoft BizTalk Server enables faster performance analysis of BizTalk Environments by providing pre-configured Dashboards, System Profile, Sensor Packs, and Monitor Plugin for BizTalk.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DL/BizTalk+FastPack

Regards,

Babar

chakravarthula_
Contributor

Hello Babar,

We installed BizTalk Fast Pack plugin. We downloaded it from below link.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DL/BizTalk+FastPack

Thanks,

Prathyusha

Hello Prathyusha,

Basically it creates automatically system profile with pre-configured Monitors, Sensor Rules and Agent Mappings, dashboards to Analyze the Messages performance, Message Box, Orchestrations, Documents, Adapters and Pipeline Performance and also to monitor BizTalk specific Performance Counters.

Did you follow the installation and configuration instructions from the following link:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DL/BizTalk+FastPack#BizTalkFastPack-Overview

Regards,

Babar

chakravarthula_
Contributor

Hello Babar,

Thanks for your quick responses.

We can see the system profile created. But, when we tried editing the monitor (created by default) to provide the BizTalkMessageBox Name and other details as per the application team. We could see below error message. Can you please let me know if there is any specific port which needs to be opened to get this issue fixed?

"Connecting to the host 'XXXX(servername)' caused exception: Unable to add net use connection. Please check if the host is reachable and the requested Performance Counter is available. Detailed error message: The network path was not found. (System error code: 0x35)"

Regards,

Prathyusha

Hello Prathyusha,

I was reading the document and found a comment about Firewall and the second one was for supported APM version.

What APM version do you have?

In BizTalk_Monitors_v.5.dtp file are the Monitors plugin that polls the information (PefMons) from BizTalk. In the BizTalk_Profile_v.5.dtp is a System Profile, the Dashboards, and the Monitors configurations. From the log I can see that your dynatrace server supports a highest of 6.2.8 and the dashboards were made with version 6.3.5. If you can update to 6.3 or even better, 6.5 then that's the way to go. There's a ton of new functionality and cool features since 6.2.

Is there any Firewall between BizTalk Server and you collector?

Due to firewall restriction my BizTalk Windows Performance Monitors aren't able to contact the BizTalk servers. As a result I need to know the communication flow between the collector and Biztalk server. I'm guessing it's WMI? If so what's the port it communicates with the BizTalk server.

Regards,

Babar

chakravarthula_
Contributor

Hello Babar,

The issue is fixed. I tried giving the username and password and it started working fine in Biz talk system profile.

Regards,

Prathyusha

Hello Prathyusha,

This is a good news :).

Regards,

Babar

kayan_hales
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hello @Andreas G. @Sergio Hinojosa J.and @Babar Q., we are also having the same issue with this error: "Connecting to the host 'xxx.xxx.x.xxx' caused exception: Unable to add net use connection. Please check if the host is reachable and the requested Performance Counter is available. Detailed error message: The network path was not found.
(System error code: 0x35)
". The ports are opened (135 and 445) and the team says they are using the correct username and password, which is their Biztalk account username and password . I tried to change the log level to FINE, but that seems to cause a plugin internal error. What else can be done here? We are using App Mon 7.0.5

My team is having the same issue as well but on 6.5