cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Browser Agent Name is selected randomly

thun
Advisor

I'm trying to analyze an application with the Browser agent.

Therefore I have installed the Browser Agent for IE explorer and a local dynatrace collector which is connected to my dynatrace server.

I'm starting the dynatrace Browser Agent from the System Profile (right click -> Browser Diagnostics -> Launch Configuration).

Each time I start the Browser this way the browser agent gehts a random agent name (right now the name of my database agent). The name I've configured directly in the browser agent plugin isn't used.

Is there another way how I can configure the browser agent name ? With this random naming there is no chance to get the mapping to my system profile.

Best regards,

Friederike

1 REPLY 1

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

This is very odd. The Browser Name should be passed form the Dynatrace Client which launched iexplorer.exe via an Env-Variable. Before you launch your browser from the dynatrace client. make sure that no Instance of IE is running. With that you make sure that IE is not just simply opening a new window by reusing an existing iexplorer.exe process but really starts a new instance where we can pass the env-variable.

I also always use Process Explorer to inspect the DT_AGENTNAME env-variable that ends up being passed to IE. this makes troubleshooting easier