cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Error: Permission Denied

ian_maxwell003
Newcomer

Hi all,

In the User Action Purepaths dashboard we are seeing a number of requests that have a very high purepath duration.

Having a look at some of them, we can see that the actual execution time of all requests in them is quite small but that the last action in the tree is a "Browser Error: Permission Denied".

Viewing the details of these we see that the file causing it/affected by it is the javascript agent injected by dyantrace - "dtagent_ICA23STVbpqrx_7000200151027.js". See attached screenshot for more details.

It doesn't appear to actually affect the user as we can see in the visits tab that they have continued to perform actions rather than doing nothing for 3 minutes. However, it is impacting on our ability to detect and diagnose real performance issues.

Has anyone come across this before?



5 REPLIES 5

I think this diagnose may be tricky. Dynatrace JS agent is catching exceptions thrown by other JS files and throwing them again. This is needed for registering message of exception. Did you try reproduce it in browser and watch this situation in browser developer tools? I'm not saying that I'm 100% right here but I've seen such issues before 🙂

Sebastian


Unfortunately we have been unable to reproduce this in our test environments, and because it doesn't seem to affect the end users no one in production is reporting when it happens.

It does though mess up our efforts to deal with real performance problems as any alerts we set up for slow user actions are triggered by this.

It's an internal application so all users are using the exact same OS/Browser/policy (Windows 10/IE 11) as each other and it happens on a variety of different pages (but not always the same) and I can't see any common link between when or why it occurs.


For me the only option would be checking it with some user on production environment. I don't have any other thoughts.

Sebastian


Thanks Sebastian. I'll try and track down a production user who gets the error


ian_maxwell003
Newcomer

Unfortunately we have been unable to reproduce this in our test environments, and because it doesn't seem to affect the end users no one in production is reporting when it happens.

It does though mess up our efforts to deal with real performance problems as any alerts we set up for slow user actions are triggered by this.

It's an internal application so all users are using the exact same OS/Browser/policy (Windows 10/IE 11) as each other and it happens on a variety of different pages (but not always the same) and I can't see any common link between when or why it occurs.