cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Bulk insert of Business Transactions/Meassures

mtipping1
Newcomer

Hi

This is a long shot question and likely not possible withing DT. We need to define 200+ new Business Transactions and Meassures all of which are very similar in nature.

I am wondering if this could be possible via command line, script or XML edit etc

3 REPLIES 3

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi,

while it's not strictly supported or recommended, it's easy to edit the *.systemprofile.xml of your system profile (located in ***/server/conf/profiles). You'll find examples of BTs and measures that you need to copy/paste, or add programmatically with a little script / tool. Be careful that there might be references to measures and so on. Note that you need to either import the edited profile to get the changes or edit the file while the server is offline. Best regards,

Peter

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

If you want to make it "supported" you can just export your current System Profile, modify the XML, give it a new name, and paritally import (start the import but never save it during the import process) and then simply copy/paste all the "generated" BTs into your official System Profile.

I do this sort of thing all the time and have never had issues that were not caught at the point of importing.

HTH,

dave

mtipping1
Newcomer

Hi thanks guys for the answers. I know if we want to look at this route we will need to be very careful