cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Business Transaction Filter to use in UEM Visit Tag

jayne_martin
Guide

I have a Business Transaction Filter (for LoginID) that is being used to tag UEM visits. However, because of the fact that the login is sometimes in the middle of the Cookie followed by a semi-colon and sometimes at the end of the string (and therefore not followed by a semi-colon), my regex is only capturing the value half of the time.

The regex looks like this: .*LoginID=(.*);.*

It matches on this: Warn=1483718362; LoginID=ESMITH; LastActivityTime=1483717722

But not on this: Warn=1483718195; LoginID=EJONES

Since the UEM Tag is a single measure, I need for this regex to capture both instances. Is there a way to do this?

5 REPLIES 5

rob_vollum
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Jayne,

Sure thing - try this:

.*LoginID=([^;$]*)

jayne_martin
Guide

Hi Rob,

That expression appears to only match when the user ID is at the end of the string. When I test it against "Warn=1483718362; LoginID=ESMITH; LastActivityTime=1483717722", for example, it indicates that it does not match.

rob_vollum
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hmmm... Are you sure you typed the pattern right? It works for me...

The pattern inside the square brackets is "caret (shift-6) semicolon dollarsign". Is that what you have?

That's really odd. It appears to be the same expression.

Definitely weird. What version of AppMon are you using? I have 6.3.10.1010.

For fun I tried it on regex101.com, and it worked the same there. Is it possible that you have some invisible special character resulting from a copy/paste? Grasping at straws here.

Try something: simplify the pattern to be

.*LoginID=([^;]*)

and see if that works for your ESMITH example.I've done that pattern for years...

Rob