cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Business Transaction: Increase Max Splittings by Frequent Transactions

joshua_pavlica
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

In the Splittings Options for a Business Transaction, there is an option of "Limit to most frequent transactions" with a maximum number of splittings configurable up to 100.

Screenshot of the menu: https://i.imgur.com/e2Vv5kL.png

Is there a way to edit the business transaction or an XML file somewhere so that I can increase this number to 200 or 500?

3 REPLIES 3

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I dont think there is an option to overwrite that max value

Under the System Profile's XML, I found the following line of code when referring to the Business Transaction:

<transaction maxsplittings="100" subscriptiontype="userdefined" servicecontext="END_USER" description="Calculates the load and resource timings for the combined.css, Adobe Demdex, and Tealium TIQCDN resources, allowing for easy drilldown into pages that include it." errordetectionsupport="true" exportincludeperfdata="false" enabled="true" transactiontype="performance" aggregategroups="true" mode="topx" errortransactiontype="unknown" minpercentage="5.0" exportincludesessionref="false" id="Resource Timings for Top 50 Pages - Copy" export="false" unrestrictedmaxsplittings="5000">

The first "maxsplittings" is set to 100, which is the same value that I adjusted it to. If I were to adjust this setting to be something like 250, would this produce the result I want?

I was just trying to find the description to this in my notes but couldnt find it. You can try changing that to a higher number. I assume it will work. What I am not sure of is when you edit the BT again in the client on whether it then reverts it to 100 which is the maximum we want by default. But please give it a try and keep us posted. If it works we will make sure to add this to the doc as I couldnt find it there