cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Business Transaction multiple splittings

melissa_hubbard
Organizer

I am trying to measure the response time for what we consider webservices (but are really web requests). So PurePathA makes http calls to services like "webserver123.com/uri1" and "webserver123.com/uri2" and "webserver123.com/uri3" etc. - the PurePath shows us the call to "/uri1" (without the domain) - we worked with some experts from Dynatrace to get us the response time of just the service (ex "/uri1") instead of the overall PurePath resp times - which has been great. But, now, I am being asked to show the results as something like: "webserver123.com/uri1" because some also call "webserverXYZ.com/uri1" (same URI, but different domains). The domain is listed in a header value. I have created a measure for the header value so that I can "split" by the header value on the business transaction. My issue is...I can chart and split by URI - "/uri1" "/uri2" but it averages the domains OR I can split by domain, in which case it averages all the URIs for each domain. How can I combine the 2 to see it split by both domain and uri?

1 REPLY 1

joshua_pavlica
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Melissa H.,

What kind of chart are you using?

For most chart types, you should be able to select your primary splitting that you care about (URI in your case). Then, once you have the chart made, go to the top-right of the chart to the roll-over/hover box for "Select Split Chart Mode". You should then be able to scroll down to "Custom" and select the other splitting from your Business Transaction (which should be the Domain splitting for you).

Please let me know if this helps!

Kind regards,

Joshua P.