cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

By default agents are tagged by HOSTNAME ,But I want to show their IP Address into DASHBOARD.

satish_more1
Participant

IP Address are more familiar than host name.So i want IP address of host where agent is hosted.Currently i am using hostname. Please help me to replace HOSTNAME with IP ADDRESS.

4 REPLIES 4

trevor_masseng1
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Satish,

I may be misunderstanding this question, if that seems to be the case, please post a screenshot of where you are viewing the host's name.

You can change the Host name that appears in Dynatrace through the host settings, I believe that this will accomplish what you are trying to achieve

Simply putting in the IP Address for the host in the name field should accomplish this.

I am unaware of a way to dynamically change the name of each host, so this may need to be done for each host that you would like to exhibit this change.

Hope that helps,

Trevor

satish_more1
Participant

Dear Trevor,

I am using dynatrace version 7.1, and i have tried by changing auto detected host name with IP address in infrastructure. still when I am not able to show this modified IP address in Dynamic Measure Matrix.

Please find attached Snap for the same.

dt-issue.png

Thanks,

Satish

Ah, I see. You're actually using AppMon, not Dynatrace. It can be confusing, as in the past AppMon was called Dynatrace.
I am not certain if what you are asking is achievable with AppMon.

joshua_pavlica
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I've moved this conversation into "AppMon & UEM Open Q&A" per the comments below.