cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Calculating the % of runtime suspension per purepath

Hi All,

I need to create a measure where i should capture the purepath based on the % usage of suspension time. For example shown in the below image, I want to capture all the purepaths whose breakdown of suspension time more than 80%. All i have in the OOB is to capture the suspension time in s/ms/m but i dont have the % option. Anybody know how to tweek the measures to capture this way?

example - I want to capture the purepaths whose response time is more than 40000 ms and the suspension is more than 80% to trigger an alert to support team. as we have seen most of the cases issues happening during this situation.

5 REPLIES 5

florent_duchate
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Srinivas,

as far as I can see there is no suspension percentage measure (only total time), but for what you are trying to do it is probably best to only consider purepaths where the GC time is long anyway.

Using percentages could lead to false positives. For instance you should find many fast purepaths (sub second) that have more than 80% of GC time which would be perfectly normal.

In your case, any suspension time > 10 seconds should be considered as bad.

Regards

Flo

Thanks Flo, I will use the suspension time measure then.

@Florent Duchateau

I do not see these suspension time measure to add it in the BT filter tab. Infact i dont see any agent based measures to add it in the BT filter tab. Is that a limitation?

florent_duchate
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi

it is called purepath suspension duration. It isn't an OOTB measure so you will have to create it.

Regards

Flo

Got It. I was trying with suspension time earlier. Now i created the purepath suspension duration and my BT works.