cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Can AppMon support monitoring JDK AsyncTask/ThreadPool?

qianqian_peng
Inactive

Hi,

One of my client is asking if AppMon can support monitoring asynchronous task framework : JDK AsyncTask/ThreadPool.

Any expert knows the answer?

Thanks,

Clare.

3 REPLIES 3

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

AppMon out-of-the-box supports most Java Thread Pool Implementations and automatically traces PurePaths across thread boundaries (synchronous or asynchronous)

Andi

Hi Andi,

This JDK AsyncTask/ThreadPool refer to Android system, so i guess we cannot monitor it since we are only monitoring mobile app but not the mobile OS?

Thanks,

Clare.

Thanks for clarifying that you are talking about a Mobile Android App. For the Android Instrumentation we give you a full Mobile ADK where you can control what information to capture. If you use async threads and want to trace information from the main thread to the async threads you can do that by "manually" passing the dynatrace tag information to your background threads and then collect additonal data. I dont think that our auto-instrumentation feature for Android will cover this automatically - but as I said - I think you should be able to do this by using the Mobile ADK for Android

Andi