cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Can I give a business transaction "field" an alias?

marklawford
Participant

I have a number of business transactions representing different monitored web service calls.

I want to create a BT Hotspot dashboard and add all those BTs, but the fields within the BTs obviously have different names relating to the services that they measure.

I would like to map an average response time to a common field name so I can show that in the BT Hotspot dashboard as a single column, rather than have many (many) columns all showing the same information.

I can see that I can add a Pure Path Response Time measure, but I'd like to give this a display alias for the dashboard and the report.

So essentially, I need my dashboard to show:

Number of calls to the service, number of failed calls, percentage of failed calls, average call duration, number of calls over a defined threshold

And I need that for each service that we're monitoring.

There's probably another question about how to obtain the number of calls over the defined threshold...

1 REPLY 1

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Mark

Right now you cant define display names. Its been a requirement I heard in the past but its not been implemented yet. In our Web Dashboards we provide options to define custom display names for measures on charts. I will forward this idea to the PM so that he is aware of your requirement for the BT Hotspot dashlet.

Andi