cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Can a user authenticate for Dynatrace client window?

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi,

Is there any way a user can authenticate to access Dynatrace client? If yes,how? This is because i would like to create a readOnly account to the client.

Your Kind response is appreciated

Br,

Chris

11 REPLIES 11

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Chris,

Do you mean a DynaTrace Local or AD user with the roles to assign others?

Have a look to the built-in defined roles from the Client >> Settings >> Users >> Roles

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar,

i mean on its(DT Client) opening, can a user first authenticate before it opens normally but not a DT server!

Br,

Chris

Hello Chris,

If you are asking about dual factor authentication, that I am not sure how to use but if you have crated a local DynaTrace user or configured the LDAP then definitely a legitimate your accessing the DynaTrace Server through DynaTrace Client.

Regards,

Babar

christopher_teb
Organizer

Thanks Babar,

1. Please notify me about the LDAP, I don't understand it!
2. Like how, because what i don't need is that when a user not Admin to alter dashboards created on client. For the WEB is ok because you first authenticate.

Br,

Chris

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Chris,

LDAP means that you can use the existing Active Directory users / groups instead of creating local users and this is the recommended way.

Below is the screenshot as a reference.

Secondly you can assign the roles to the users groups also the System Profiles and the dashboard permission.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar,

Just 2 things to clarify,

1. How can i find the second snapshot on client?

2. Once DT client is opened, its by default in admin account! Shall it change after that configuration

qa.jpg

Br,

Chris

Hello Chris,

Exactly client will be open by default as a DynaTrace admin on the first opening after installed.

Just click on the Settings >> Connectivity and then change the host name if you are accessing from the remote other computer but if you are opening inside the local server then you don't need to change the host IP.

Change the User ID / Name and provide the password then test the connection and you are OK to go.

Just keep in mind if you are accessing DynaTrace Server other than the local server then 2021 port must be open between server and client.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar,

How can i find this dialogBox on the client

Br,

Chris

Hello Chris,

From the DynaTrace client select the Settings >> DynaTrace Server >> Users >> Groups.

The double click or select the edit button to assign the role and other privileges to the desired group.

Regards,

Babar

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi Babar,

Thanks a lot for your support. That issue is solved now!

Br,

Chris

Hello Chris,

You are most welcome.

Regards,

Babar