cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Can any one tell the common Network W3c metrics , server W3c metrics and Client side w3c metrics being used.

ramakrishnan_p-
Organizer

Can any one tell the common Network W3c metrics , server W3c metrics and Client side W3c metrics which is commonly used. i need this for reporting purposes. bit urgent

2 REPLIES 2

dynatrace2
Helper

Hello

read information on this page https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/user-experience-management/how-does-uem-work/w3c-resource-timing-metrics/

gary_spencer
Inactive

Hi Ramakrishan,

In your browser console, type performance.timing to view the values. All modern browsers will have this set of data - view the complete list of supported browsers at caniuse.com here

There are metrics in the W3C API, and also in AppMon that might be relevant here. And as to your point suppose you know you can enable W3C timings in AppMon,

W3C maintain technical definitions on their site here. IMO, the W3C metrics I would pay attention to, to view network impact, might include: connectEnd, domainLookupEnd, secureConnectionStart, responseEnd, loadEventEnd => but give them a look and decide what is useful for you

If you have an AppMon agent on the serverside then I would take metrics out of AppMon and use maybe in a combination with W3C (W3C is reported by client side might not necessarily point to a network problem that you can deal with (corporate firewall? slow connection?))

FYI timings in W3C returned in epoch time and you subtract the metric from navigationStart (AppMon does it for you -- just pls enable W3C in your UEM settings to start seeing them straight away).

Hope it helps you out,
Gary