cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Can someone tell me the advantages of having Dynatrace Plugin for Eclipse IDE?

Can someone tell me the advantages of having Dynatrace Plugin for Eclipse IDE other than viewing junit test results.

I have not used the plugin but was able to monitor JEE application by adding jvm argument on the WAS Server.

5 REPLIES 5

pahofmann
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

With the Plugin you can start your application locally with an injected Dynatrace Agent and get all the insights you do with appmon in production.

You also can drill down from a PurePath directly to the corresponding code in your IDE.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

With the Plugin you can start your application locally with an injected Dynatrace Agent?

Does that mean I doesnt need to add agentpath in JVM Arguments on Application server

No, the Eclipse Integration is just for your local application instance when running the application while developing. For your shared Development, Staging or Production environments you still need to inject the agent via JVM, Parameter.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Patrick H,I am strickly talking about running application in my local and not in staging or other environments.

Say my eclipse have dynatrace plugin installed and configured now tell me if have to monitor a JEE application running on an application server in my local needs agenthpath to be added to the JVM arguments?

If it's running in an application server started from eclipse I'm not sure, you have to try.

I only used it with an application directly executed as a .jar, there the agent is injected automatically.