cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find any visits

Hi,

I would like to drill down into visits starting from an HTTP 500 error. See below:

When I right click on any of the "Err HTTP errors 500s" but the last one (the one that refers to "/Catalogue.svc") I get a pop-up menu where no visits menu item is found. See below:

Instead, as I said I can drill down into visits when I click on "/Catalogue.svc". See below:

Do you know what this can be caused by, please?

Thank you,

Daniele

10 REPLIES 10

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi

The Drill Down Options always show options that will actual have some data. In your case I assume these HTTP Requests where you dont get to drill down to visits are actually not related to visits. That can have 2 reasons

a) these requests are from "server-side only" requests, e.g: internal web service calls

b) these are from visitors that do not have JavaScript enabled and therefore we dont get a visit but still get the server side purepath -> maybe a BOT even?

I assume it is probably option B!

Best is to drill down to the PurePath. Then check the User-Agent String on the details of the web request node. Maybe it is a BOT?

Andi

Hi Andi,

thanks a lot for your reply. The following is the detail of one of the web requests related to a purepath that is affected by HTTP 500 :

The user agent string is "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp; http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/slurp)".

This is one of the purepaths I can't drill down into Visits.

Daniele

Other 2 user agent strings that I found and which I can't drill down into visits :

DoCoMo/2.0 N905i(c100;TB;W24H16) (compatible; Googlebot-Mobile/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)

SAMSUNG-SGH-E250/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/6.2.3.3.c.1.101 (GUI) MMP/2.0 (compatible; Googlebot-Mobile/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Well - in that case it is really clear. These are all requests from "non humans" (smile) - they are BOTs. Thats why you cant drill to the visits because there is no real visit. Visits are captured if somebody accesses your website through a browser that can also execute JavaScript. If that is not the case then you dont see UEM Data but only the Server-Side PurePaths

Thanks again! This really answers my question a lot! I also found this user agent as well which I can't drill down into Visits:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2062.120 Safari/537.36

My understanding is that this is a real browser. Isn't it? If it were a real browser visit, could this be one of the cases that Javascript was disabled, please?

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Yes - thats what typically happens when they have a script blocking plugin

So in these cases people install a plugin on their browser. This plugin prevents the browser from running scripts. As a consequence, no Javascript is run on their browser and we don't get any visit tracked down. Is my reasoning correct, please?

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Correct. There is nothing you can do about this. Good News is that we still  have the Server Side Requests!

Thank you Andi. Appreciate your help very much!

nishant_rama
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi Andi,

I have a situation where by we are seeing the same request 

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12F70 Safari/600.1.4

they cant drill down into the visit. However when we see the apache logs we see the agent and monitor injected and getting 200 responses so we should see the visit and the actions correct? 

Regards

Nishant