cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Can't see full execution path of a method containing impementation of ArrayBlockingQueue

leo_selochnik1
Participant

Let's say a method is being used as an entry point - it picks up a message and starts processing. At some point it places the transformed message into the queue via the offer call. The queue is being constantly polled - the message is being picked up and processed by another thread. I can easily see everything (call hierarchy based on the custom sensor pack) before the message is retrieved from the BlockingQueue. However, regardless what I do, I can't see anything on the other side of the queue. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Leo

PS. The pool is created/initialized as follows:

private List<....> workerThreads = new ArrayList();    

for (int i = 0; i < maxThreads; i++) {
CashPostingWorkerThread thread = new CashPostingWorkerThread(....);
thread.setName("xxxx-" + i);
workerThreads.add(thread);
thread.start();
}
2 REPLIES 2

r_weber
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

As this is a custom messaging/queue protocol you'll likely need to implement also custom tagging by using the ADK for tagging.

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Thank you, Reinhard. I don't think is a custom protocol. Blocking Queue is part of the java concurrency framework available since Java 1.5. Having said that, we don't use Executor to start those threads. Maybe the thread(s) that polling the queue is not being tagged and/or detected because of that... Anyway, would it be possible to post an example on how to implement custom thread tagging using ADK.