cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Cannot configure database agent for Oracle RAC

jan_palic
Guide

Good day to you.

If I decide to configure a database agent to monitor a RAC, the buttons for test the connection and OK are disabled.

What could I miss to configurer?

Best,
Jan

3 REPLIES 3

Ingo_Hackl
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi Jan,

are you talking about AppMon 6.5? AppMon 6.5 only offers limited support for Oracle RAC. Full support is only available since AppMon7.

Ingo

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hi Ingo,

We're running AppMon 6.5 and monitoring Oracle RAC. I assume you're referring to the note about limited RAC support in the 6.5 DB Agent?

"We currently offer limited support for RAC. You can either connect each of the RAC nodes separately to have a real visibility into the cluster OR connect the cluster as one single DB instance (but in that case the Database Agent will only monitor the node to which it is connected)."

@Jan-Hendrik: you need to specify the following, for the button to become available:

• Agent name
  • Collector (select from dropdown list; Collector must have network access to RAC nodes)
  • Host + port
  • Service name or SID (we used SID)
  • DB user + password

Once I complete these field, the button becomes available. Note that for RAC, you connect to the VIP/RAC IP or hostname, after which the nodes are discovered automatically. Each node will consume licenses, so if you run two nodes each with 8 cores, you'd need 2 DB agent licenses (2 x 8 CPU cores).

Andre

Hi Andre,

thanks for clarification. Oracle RAC is supported with AppMon 6.5 but it only has limited support.

Ingo