cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture web request parameters on outbound web requests

henry_apletree
Inactive

Hi Community,

Does anyone know if its possible to create a "web requests - parameter value" on an outbound web request?

I have a call going out to an external service (as in not monitored with an AppMon agent) so we can see the web request outbound from our Websphere server, and I need to filter a business transaction based on the value of a specific query passed to this request.

As far as I can tell however, "web requests - parameter value" only allows you to capture parameters on inbound web requests to a tier.

Is there anyway to achieve this for an outbound web request?

Henry

3 REPLIES 3

kristof_renders
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hey Henry,

I don't believe you can use the regular way to capture the parameters, as we only capture that Server side (in the C/S paradigm) and we only have the Client side request here.

What you could try is Web Request - URI pattern value and use a regex to extract a part of the query string.

KR,
Kristof

henry_apletree
Inactive

Thanks Kristof,

I have not tried with the "URI Pattern Value" measure, but with the standard server side "WebRequest > count" measure and this is able to look for our query value using a regex 🙂

Regards,
Henry

Cool, glad to hear it worked.

I understood that you wanted to extract the parameter value, hence the URI Pattern Value measure suggestion. If you only want to filter then your approach is perfectly fine as well :-)!