Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Rotate Times in AppMon 6.5 Kiosk Mode

joshua_pavlica
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to change the Kiosk Mode rotation times for AppMon 6.5's rich client from the default 30 seconds to something like 15 seconds. I'm following the instructions listed below but the "-kiosk 15" does not let the Kiosk Mode even begin. I have been able to get the default 30 second rotation working by only using "-kiosk", however.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Any assistance would be appreciated as we will be utilizing these for Holiday purposes.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hey Josh,

With the Rich client I think I see the same behavior as you - any custom interval just causes it to start in normal mode. It may be worth it to open a support case - I don't see any related ones for 6.5 so they may not even be aware yet (I tested with latest update).

In the meantime, if Webstart client is an option for you I tested and the kiosk mode and any interval seems to work fine (I tested with 2 seconds).

James

Thanks for the quick response, James!

I have opened a support ticket and I will update this question if I hear anything.

Did you ever hear back on this? I looked in fixpack 12 and no note about it in release notes yet that I can see at least.

From the case it sounds like it is only something they'll be able to update and fix in the next major version (7.0 coming out late May). As a workaround they suggested the following:

"the fix is in an area that cannot be patched via the update mechanism, please look into using the dtclient.exe from a 6.3 client installer which should replace that same file on your 6.5 installation which then should work."

Exactly what James K. said.

Here's a link to the Support Case if you're interested in the full response.
https://support.dynatrace.com/supportportal/browse/SUPDT-27587

joshua_pavlica
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Support has determined that this function is indeed not working as intended and the Development Team will be notified.

The WebStart Client is not having this issue, however. Unfortunately I don't have that option here at my site.

I will keep this question updated as I get more information.

Cool! Thanks for updating and for catching this - we'll be upgrading our prod environment soon and this wouldn't be fun to run into.