Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing User Password on the Web UI

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello all,

I have recently made a big push for a lot of our users (especially the business focused) at my client to use the Web UI more than the Rich Client. This enables the technical people to access the Rich Client without facing any performance issues and provides a simple way for business users to look at the metrics they care about in the Web UI.

While this is turning out to be a successful initiative, I do face an issue when it comes to users changing their passwords. We are not currently integrated with LDAP so creating new users is a manual process. As a result, I have to set new users up with a generic password and then have them change it.

For those who use the Rich Client, it is pretty straightforward to do this for but for the Web UI users, I am not seeing any options on changing passwords. As a result, they have to install the Rich Client, connect to the server and then change the password there. As you can imagine, this always doesn't go so well.

I tried searching through the entire UI but couldn't find anything. Is there any way we can change the User Password on the Web UI or can it solely be done on the Rich Client?

Thanks,

Ari

3 REPLIES 3

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Yeah I don't see any option for that either and it looks like there's nothing related to that planned for the web dashboards either:

https://answers.dynatrace.com/idea/132999/planned-...

Things like SSO will be coming but since many of the larger deployments use LDAP integration they probably focus on that. I would leave a comment there and maybe a separate RFE to see if they can get that included.

In the meantime it seems to client is the only way to change the password, maybe using the webstart client would make it less painful - you can download it directly from the web interface and it might not be a bad thing to have either.

James

Hi Ari,

User management is not planned for the WebUI. However, what will be possible with the new JSON-based REST interfaces with AppMon May 2017 is the following:

Thanks for the info Peter. That should help with my use case.