cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification regarding Asynchronous Invocation - Few Purepaths shows slow response time. Instead of <600 ms they shows >10 sec. Below image shows elapsed time for this call in 13sec. Can someone clarify why is so much delay ?

Vaquar_Shaikh
Participant

5 REPLIES 5

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Elapsed time is "Time elapsed between the start of the enclosing PurePath and method entry.", meaning there is a big wait between the attempt to invoke that async method and the actual start of the method. This is probably due to waiting for a connection. I would suggest you add columns by right clicking on the headers. Check the wait and sync times for clues. Use the "More..." menu item when you right click and you can see the description for each column. You can also hover to see on a header to see a tool tip pop up.

Vaquar_Shaikh
Participant

Good to know about these columns.

However, both columns are empty (see the snapshot).

emptywaitsync.jpg

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

That happens sometimes. So basically, we can tell you there is a long delay between the point of attempting to start an asynchronous thread and actually starting one and reaching the point in the code where the instrumented remote method is invoked. At least, that is how I interpret it. Perhaps someone can shed more light, but that's all I got.

Hello Dave,

I am seeing the same issue in one of the apps that I am analyzing. Please see attached screenshot. There is significant delay between asynchronous thread invocations.These threads mostly make DB calls and the response time for those calls does not add up to the delay between the thread invocations.

Does this indicate that the app is waiting for .NET worker threads or DB threads to be allocated? I cannot think of any other reason. I appreciate your inputs on this.

Vaquar_Shaikh
Participant

I figured this out.

The delay is caused when I run test with 50 concurrent users. But if only 1 user is used for test cases, then I see normal response time.

Thank you for your time.