cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Class cache cleanup failing, large blobs.dtsf file

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

I saw in the logs that the cache cleanup fails with a BUFFER UNDERFLOW error; can this be resolved by increasing the Collector memory assignment?

Also, our client has a blobs.dtsf file of approx. 177GB in size - is there a way to reduce this file i.e. by following steps in KB-484 How to fix a class cache explosion, or should this sort itself out once we resolve the buffer underflow issue?

Client is running dT 6.0.

3 REPLIES 3

allan_schiebol1
Inactive

The latest fixpack of 6.1 will automatically fix your issue of a class cache explosion. 

Thanks Allan, unfortunately they're still on 6.0 and their recent attempt to migrate to 6.1 failed, we're assuming due to a corrupted migration archive so we rolled back to 6.0. They believe the massive blobs.dtsf file could've caused the corruption / failure, so we've been asked to assist them in reducing its size. I assume that file is critical if we want to prevent them having to restart agents?

Yes, that large of a blobs file will cause the migration tool to fail. You will need to manually migrate that collector when upgrading which isn't a big deal.