cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client IP measure not working correctly

ssmeets
Guide

Hi!

Last week I configured the Client IP measure and everything was working just fine. In the weekend, something changed on the environment and now the IP-addresses are showing up as <...> in the BT-values.

When I drill down to PurePaths and view the details, I do see the correct IP-address. It is just not recognized as a value.

I am getting some results in the BT and the difference seems to be in the Transaction details.

The ones who give a correct value show up as Web Page Requests. The ones who give the <...> value show up as Web Service by Method

Can anyone help me with configuring the measure in such way that all IP-addresses are captured by the BT and don't return <...> anymore?
3 REPLIES 3

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

This happens when you choose a splitting option like top x and the IPs in question are not among the top ones encountered. For any BT that splits by IP, I always turn off storage to the performance warehouse as I will be only using the BT for drilling down to PurePaths, not for charting, and therefore don't need to store the measures. This then allows you to bypass the splitting options that attempt to limit the number of splits.

Thanks, Dave! This immediately fixed my problem and everything is showing the way I thought it would 🙂

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Glad to hear it!