cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Client Rest and AJAX calls

rick_boyd
Mentor

Hi,

I'm writing a plugin with a similar drill down functionality as the APM Portal PurePath link (not sure if this is a thing anymore). Can anyone advise me how that worked or how that might work?

The plugin is for another tool, which is a web portal on which I am logged in via HTTPS. Three options I've tried so far:

• Create a normal anchor link to the client interface. Causes to navigate to another page which just says "OK" or something, then the client does its thing
  • Call the endpoint via JQuery over HTTP. Worked for me in testing but when I pushed it to the production portal (secured via HTTPS) I got a security error from trying to make an XHR call to an unsecured endpoint
  • Call the endpoint via JQuery over HTTPS. Causes an issue due to the self-signed cert on the client rest interface.

There are workarounds here but they all involve end-user intervention, which is not ideal. Any thoughts? Hoping to publish this integration in a blog post and present on it at Perform next month.

Thanks!

Rick B

1 REPLY 1

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Rick

I think you are at PERFORM next week. Make sure to talk with our product manager for the WebUI. they also solved the problem. I am sure he can tell you how

Andi