Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ColdFusion Visit unlinked from purepaths

jose_iglesias
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hi, guys.

I'm trying to instrument ColdFusion 10 and I'm having an issue. The .cfm pages call always to a web request named /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll and the user action purepath ends there... but in fact, the server side purepaths exists (obviously the /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll makes the call to the web request, that start a different purepath)... Anybody has an idea of how to link both parts?

2 REPLIES 2

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

We "link" these purepaths by our X-Dynatrace HTTP Header. So - when the request hits your webserver and you see that node on the User Action PurePath it means we capture that server-side part of the Purepath in your webserver. The problem seems to be that your WEb SErver is forwarding the request to the java application server but strips out our X-Dynatrace HTTP Header.

Could be that there is a configuration option where you can tell your web server how to forward requests to the app server. could also be that you have a load balancer or firewall between those tiers. In both cases: make sure that you allow the forwarding of the X-Dynatrace HTTP HEader. Then you will get full end-to-end purepaths

Hi Guys,

I'm just right now in a POC and I'm facing the same problem.

@ Jose,

did you get find some solution? If yes, could you share with us?

tks