cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Column display of splittings in a report

campbell_purvis
Contributor

Hi there.

I have created a Business Transaction with three splittings for our API calls: Merchant Name, Web Service Name, Web Service Version.

I generate a weekly report for our Service Delivery team and all splittings for the business transaction are displayed under a single 'Splittings' column. E.g.

What I would like to do is have each split value displayed in its own column.

Does anyone know if this is possible or have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Cam

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

As far as i know this is not possible,

Alternative

1) Write a Dynatrace plugin, functionality: get your weekly report data by using the REST API, re-format the splitting culomn to multiple tables by using the ; delimiter. + write an exel / pdf, ... file.

2) Stream BT data to elastic search / splunk which can be used to get your report.

Ps: I tried the Dynatrace report exel export with the 'CVS filetype' and '; delimiter' options, in the hope that the splitting culomn would be devided in new columns, but that didn't workout.

Option one seems the most appropriate for you, however you will need to design a bit. If this is not an option for you, may be someone else can provide you with an out of the box solution.

Regards

Hi Steven, many thanks for your response and confirming it is not possible. I like the idea of option 1 and the learning experience it would provide.

Thanks for your help, Cam

Hello Cam,

Glad to help, let us know if it works, it could also be interesting to share your plugin when it is finalized, so it can be used by other people.

Ciao

Hello Cam,

Try to start from an existing plugin, it will speed up to process a lot.

This one seems a candidate for you, because it already uses the rest API.

https://github.com/josecolella/Dynatrace-GenericOperations-Plugin

Regards

Super, thank you, that will be a great help and ease the learning curve. I can certainly share the plugin as you suggest.