cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine multiple system profiles into single web dashboard (v7.0)

robert_hamilton
Participant

I am trying to create a Web Dashboard (currently on v7) and combine measures and charts from multiple system profiles. I understand this is in the works for upcoming versions, but I've seen others mention workarounds. Can someone provide that workaround? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

david_n
Inactive

Hello D.,

The work around for this would be to create the dashboard in the rich client. You can chart the same metrics or pull the same dashlets that you would like to see in the web dashboards there. If you right click on the dashlet and select dashlet properties, you can change the source to any system profile in the environment. You can then generate reports off the dashboard and schedule them if you want to share the dashboard with others.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

robert_hamilton
Participant

Sorry - I should have specified I am looking for a workaround in the web dashboards. I thought someone mentioned previously a workout to link to an image or iFrame from other web dashboards.

david_n
Inactive

Hello D.,

Here is what I was able to do from my tests. You can create a dashboard for each system profile that you want and add the dashlets you are interested in. Then you can copy the link that is displayed when you click share at the top right. Now you can create a separate dashboard and add external content tiles, each with the link to the other dashboards that you have made. Now when you are done, it will display the dashboards that you previously created, plus when you click on them, you can interact with them just like you normally would.

Give that a try and see if that is what you are looking for.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

Hi!

Just to provide an update here: The 7+ update to AppMon will provide the ability for web dashboard tiles to retreive data from a different Profile. Same as you would change the source for a dashlet in the rich client to a different profile.

One possible workaround would be to utilize the IFrame tile and embed seperate dashboards. Each of those dashboards would pull data from a separate SystemProfile. This workaround will not be necessary anymore after the 7+ update will be delivered end of August