cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Command to add tier to a profile?

sreerag_mooleka
Inactive

Hi,

Is there a command to add tier to a profile?also to add a profile?

What we are trying to do is create a template profile with sample agent groups for all technologies we use. Each of these sample agent group has our custom configuration for sensors applied.

We would like to create any new profile based out of this template profile.

So we are trying to add, update agent groups via command line.

-Sreerag

3 REPLIES 3

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Sreerag

Have you seen this? Agent Groups (REST)

As for creating a new system profile. Here the best is probably to import a "Fast Pack" using this rest interface: Plugin Management (REST).

We have a team that has been creating some automation tools around all of these tasks. I am happy to get you in contact with them so you can share your ideas

Andi

sreerag_mooleka
Inactive

Yes Andi, i had gone through the documentation before.

As i said we have a template profile with all agent group types we need configured for 4 profile configurations.

This how we do it now (manually):

• For a new profile we will copy and paste this profile with a new name.
  • depending on the technology of the tires we will remove or copy and paste agent groups.
  • rename all agent groups and mapping.

I was thinking of using the FastPack, but for that i need to prepare the profile upfront by editing the xml file.

I was hoping if there is command line options for the UI action of profile copy, paste etc.

i think the Agent groups(REST) interface doesn't help much for copying and pasting an existing agent group.

And yes, it would be helpful if i get to talk to the automation team.

-Sreerag

Sreerag,

the Agent Group/Mapping Rest interfaces allow you management of the agent groups in terms of creation and deletion. A rename would be a delete and new creation. The rest of changing settings in an agentgroup like placed sensors etc. is part of this RFE: RFE - Configuration Transport and Management for System Profiles (which is beeing actively worked on)

Reinhard

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net