cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicate to Slack from APM server

skung
Organizer

How can I set up APM server to forward incident alert action to Slack? APM version 7.1

7 REPLIES 7

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Sharyl,

Have you tried implementing this plugin? https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Thanks,

Ari

skung
Organizer

yes. plugin is installed in onPrem APM server already

The Slack channel was set up when the app was on SaaS. The app now moved to onPrem (APM server) . Do we need to create another channel for APM server?

Dynatrace SaaS has built-in integration with Slack and it isnt really the same for AppMon.

I would check if your AppMon server can still connect to the Slack URL and then edit the specific incident actions since you already have the plugin installed.

Thanks,

Ari

skung
Organizer

Will you check and let me know? or how do I check from my side?

You would have to check from your AppMon server. The instructions are on the plugin doc (Step 2 for checking connection)

skung
Organizer

com.Slack.Chat.action log showing:

2018-08-02 19:46:52 UTC SEVERE [SlackChat@com.Slack.Chat.action] Exception thrown whilst getting output stream...

2018-08-02 19:46:52 UTC SEVERE [SlackChat@com.Slack.Chat.action] java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

So looks like your AppMon server can't communicate with Slack. I would start here first. Does your server have the ability to communicate to services outside your internal network?